Performance Grading of B.Sc. IT
The PERFORMANCE GRADING of the student shall be on the SEVEN point ranking system as under
|1st Class||I – I||65 or 60 – 65||O|
|I – II||A|
|2nd Class||II – I||55 – 60||B|
|II – II||50 – 55||C|
|II – III||45 – 50||D|
|Pass Class||III||40 – 45||E|
The performance grading shall be based on the aggregate performance of Internal Assessment and Semester Examination.
II. CARRY FORWARD OF THE MARKS IN CASE IF THE STUDENT FAILS IN ONE OR MORE SUBJECTS:
- A student who PASSES in the Internal Examination but FAILS in the Semester End Examination of the theory paper shall reappear for the Semester End Examination of that theory paper. However his/her marks of the Internal Examination shall be carried over but he/she shall be entitled for grade “E” on passing.
- A student who PASSES in the Semester End Examination but FAILS in the Internal Examination of the theory paper shall reappear for the Internal Examination of the theory paper. However his/her marks of the Semester End Examination shall be carried over but he/she shall be entitled for grade “E” on passing.
III. ALLOWED TO KEEP TERMS (ATKT):
A student shall pass Semester I and Semester II and fails in not more than two theory papers of Semester III and Semester IV taken together where the total marks does not exceed 200.
- A student shall be allowed to keep term for Semester VI irrespective of number of heads of failure in the Semester V.
- The result of Semester VI shall be kept in abeyance until the student passes each of the Semester I, Semester II, Semester III, Semester IV and Semester V.
ATKT Rules for B.Sc. (IT) & Computer Science Sem I to IV
- A learner shall be allowed to keep term for Semester II irrespective of grades obtained in each course of Semester I.
- A learner shall be allowed to keep term for Semester III if he/she passes grade ‘E’ or above in each course each of Semester I and Semester II.
He/She fails in not than three courses, in each of Semester-I and Semester II (For all science programmes, carrying total 900 or more marks)
- A learner shall be allowed to keep term for Semester IV. irrespective of grades obtained in each course Semester III. However learner has to pass either of Semester I or Semester II in order to appear for Semester IV.
Semester End Examinations
- There will be one additional examination for Semester I, II, III and IV for those who have failed or remained absent.
- The absent student will be allowed to appear for the examination by the head of the institution after following the necessary formalities.
- This examination will be held 20 days after the declaration of results but not later than 40 days.
PROJECT EVALUATION (IF APPLICABLE)
A student who passes in all the courses but does not secure minimum grade of E in project as applicable has to resubmit a fresh project till he/she secures a minimum of grade E.
The credits and the grade points secured by him/her in the other courses will be carried forward and he/she shall be entitled for grades obtained by them on passing of all the courses.
The evaluation of the Project and Viva/Voce Examination shall be done by marks only and then it will be converted into grade in seven point scale and award the same to the learner.
A learners shall have to obtain minimum of grade E (or its equivalent marks) in project evaluation and viva/voce taken together to obtain 40% marks in project work.
The Seven (7) Point Grading System
Grade Marks Grade Points
O 70 & Above 7
A 60 to 69.99 6
B 55 to 59.99 5
C 50 to 54.99 4
D 45 to 49.00 3
E 40 to 40.99 2
F (Fail) 39.99 1